In two weeks, I am going with my bestie {with no kids!} on a 3 night- 4 day trip to NYC! While I plan on taking the city all in with no distractions, and no obligations {sounds like heaven}, and seeing as much as will be possible for me to see in that amount of time, I also plan on doing one other thing: Eating at one Vegan restaurant a day while I’m there!!!
I absolutely am so excited, I can’t even tell you! I know that I am going to do some indulging {can you say Brooklyn Pizza?}, but I also want to balance that as much as I can by eating some really healthy, yummy food that I don’t have access to out here where I live. I think my problem will be choosing which restaurants to go to!
So far, I have a few picked out that look good on their websites, and the menus look phenomenal! I’m not sure yet what days I’ll eat where, because it will depend on what area of the city we’ll be in that day. But hey, I’ll be by myself, what’s a little subway ride to get to another part of the city, right? {can you tell I have no idea what I’m talking about? I used to live about 35 minutes north of the city as a nanny for 10 brief months, but during that time, I didn’t do much exploring in the city, unfortunately. Just enough to leave me always wanting to go back!}
Restaurant #1: Angelica Kitchen – can’t wait to try their Norimaki- 9piece vegetable rolled shushi with wasabi and lemon shoyu dipping sauce. Have no idea what shoyu is, but I can’t wait to find out!
Restaurant #2: Caravan of Dreams
This place looks like so much fun. With the gypsy- ish atmosphere, live music, and their world fusion menu, I just don’t know how I’ll be able to choose what to order. It looks totally fun…I hope I’ll be able to drag my friend here, with me. I might be dining alone at all the places by myself, but that’s ok- I’m sure I’ll meet lots of cool people!
Restaurant #3: Candle 79
This place is more pricey and you need reservations…I’m not sure if I’ll be brave enough to eat here alone. I’ll probably get lonely and miss my husband. But perhaps I can talk my friend into eating here with me for more of a “fancy, healthy” girls’ night out!
Restaurant #4: Blossom NYC
They have a few different locations, so this might be good to keep in mind and mark them all on the pop up map I plan on getting soon. Then I will be able to eat at one of their locations no matter where I am that day. This restaurant looks really hip and urban. I’ll probably stick out like a sore thumb!

Any suggestions would be great. I would also love to try a Raw eatery while I’m there, too- but I am not quite there yet!
Oh, I forgot, I also would love to eat here, because it’s so cute!
How cute is this place?!
No comments:
Post a Comment