Thursday, May 13, 2010

How embarrassing...

So I just have to be honest. I've sort of fallen off the vegan wagon.

Let me explain... With packing up to move halfway across the country, it's been really hard. I live in a typical Midwest rural town... There is only one restaurant where we can eat vegan. And there is only one or two items that we can order. It's getting old. Plus, I had to give a lot of my food away so it didn't go to waste, and I had to clean out our fridge. I know that I can eat carrot sticks, or other veggies. There is just not many choices, even in the produce department, that is fitting in with our move. Our car will be packed to the max, and I doubt I even have room for a bag of food.

I also just stopped stressing out about it. Maybe this is my rebellious phase that every new Vegan goes through. I really love eating Vegan, and I love cooking, but it's not really fitting into my lifestyle right now... I know these are all pretty weak excuses, but I am one stressed out Wannabe Vegan Mom. With two little kids, taking a weekend trip for the past 4 weekends, packing a house to move, doctor appointments, blah blah blah, I have stopped making the time to live the way I truly want.

But don't get too upset... It's not like we've been eating hamburgers... But I have been going back to things like pizza with dairy cheese, or just other vegetarian things. I'm not letting myself get too worried over it.

I know that once we get settled into our new home, and our household goods arrive, and I go grocery shopping, I want to go back to vegan. Mostly. I am still trying to figure out a few little details that I keep thinking about. But I know what I want. I just have no leftover energy right now to make it happen.

The hardest thing that has been affecting me is not having a green smoothie for the past 2 days. We were going to bring our blender in the car and make them in the hotels along the way, but the movers packed it up before we could grab it.  I really notice a difference when I don't have them.

The backslide back to our old eating habits has affected my husband more than me. He gets cramps and breaks out on his back when he eats anything animal now. It actually kind of worries me. Where I'll get a little gassy, or bloated, he'll have to lay down from pain in his stomach. He has a history of stomach issues, and I am making him go to the doctor about it when we move. I don't think it's normal. I wonder if he truly is allergic to animal food? Is that a real thing?

Well, I hope you will all understand. I am, after all a Wanna Be. I just need to get so used to it that it's second nature.

I'll update when I make my first vegan dinner in the new house!

No comments:

Post a Comment