A few weeks ago, I watched the documentary, “Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead” on Netflix. It was so good. I pretty much didn’t think it was weird at all to go on a juice fast. Because I love my smoothies already, but it made me want to start juicing in addition to my Green Smoothies- especially for like an afternoon snack or something during my pregnancy. It’s all going straight to the baby, so why not a green juice, too?
Well, I didn’t have a juicer, and I told my Mom about the documentary, because she does have a juicer. She watched it, but then she called me and told me she was sending me her juicer to use so that I can make those healthy drinks for me, the boys, and the little babe. Aren’t Moms the Best?!
So yesterday, I had my two little helpers assist me in opening the box and assembling the juicer. When I opened the box up, a letter my Mom put on top came out. She wrote us a poem, and I just have to share. She is so funny, and it is geared toward my 4 and 2 year old : ))
“I drink my juice in the morning, it makes me feel so fine.
It makes me want to sing and dance- I don’t even remember to whine!
My name is Milo ____, I drink my juice straight up.
Whether it is green or purple, I chug to the bottom of the cup.
And I am Oliver ____, I drink as much as my brother.
I love to feel big and strong, so just give me more, please, Mother.
You can’t even see me yet, But I’m waiting and growing each day.
Whenever I kick you in the naval, Mom, it means send more juice my way! “
Isn’t that the cutest!? Well, I’ve been extremely bad at blogging, lately. Especially about food. I’m so excited, though, I just found out that some friends of ours recently switched to a vegan diet for health reasons, and so far, they love it! So I am going to have them over this weekend, and have lots of yummy food and talk about that with people that won’t think I’m nuts! haha
But really, I’m not beating myself up with my diet, because of how I’ve been feeling. I feel a lot better, but it’s just a struggle for me to plan ahead right now and make healthy meals, especially when I’m just cooking for the kids and me- hubby works late and is gone a lot.
However, I am very excited… We are moving soon, I hope to this new place that I am in love with the kitchen. When we looked at the place on Friday, I didn’t want to leave the kitchen, it was so pretty, and was already making me dream about what I would cook in it! It has triple the storage of our current kitchen, and is just a lot more functional, so I really really hope they pick our application! We should find out today… But, with moving on the horizon, it has kind of sapped my desire to continue cooking at this house, seeing as I want to start packing (we could be moving in less than 2 weeks), and we have a mouse that is proving to be quite annoying, and it grosses me out to even be in the kitchen.
So I guess in my mind, all my delicious foods that I could be making hinge on moving into this new house. Oh I am so nervous! I will be pretty sad if we don’t get it. There were a lot of applicants. Either way, we will be moving somewhere in the near future, if not to this place, we’ll just have to keep looking!
Sooo...did you get it? I hope so and if not, I hope that an even better kitchen awaits you somewhere else. That was so sweet of your mom.
ReplyDeleteWe did! Thanks for asking, I'm so excited- we move this Saturday!! I can't wait to cook, and just hunker down for the winter and nest before this baby arrives :)
ReplyDeleteI want to see that movie too!!! We don't have NetFlix and so I am hoping we can rent it soon!!!
ReplyDelete