Saturday, January 14, 2012

Feeling Blah.

So yesterday, my husband left for the next 2 weeks. Maybe I shouldn’t write this down in case some stalker is reading this, but I highly doubt it. I’m about 34 weeks pregnant, and I have 2 very active little boys who don’t really get that “Mommy is tired,” or “Mommy can’t sit on the floor and play with you, or else I’ll never be able to get up again!”

Today, I had no choice but to go grocery shopping. I went to Wal Mart. I Hate that place. I hate going there without children. But, it was payday weekend, and I didn’t want to drive 30 minutes to the commissary to deal with more crowds. Anyway, we get there, and my kids were pure evil. I couldn’t find my list that I was sure was in my purse, and out of desperation to get the heck out of there, I was just grabbing things and zooming through. I really really hope I can make it two weeks without having to make that trip again.  I think if I run out of food towards the end of the second week, I’ll either hire a babysitter so I can go get groceries alone, or we’ll eat oatmeal for dinner every night, because I have vowed to never take them both grocery shopping again. But that won’t last. I’ll have no choice- my husband deploys overseas in July, and then, I’ll have 3 crazy little boys! I really miss Washington State and the grocery store Safeway- you could place online grocery orders and they’ll deliver! Sometimes for free, but sometimes for only $5! Oh well. I really do need to sign up for the program here that delivers local, fresh produce and farm raised foods to your door every Saturday. That would really help, if I could keep my pantry/freezer stocked, only make a trip for that every other month, and use them for my fresh produce. That would be perfect.

 

OK, I’m just rambling. Why am I rambling on my food blog? Because when I’m stressed, lonely, and sad, I keep eating. And today, it was the worst I’ve eaten in months. I didn’t even feel bad while I was eating it, because I was about to have a nervous breakdown. And now, I have heartburn. I’m slightly worried how I’ll handle myself when my husband is gone for months at a time, instead of a couple measly weeks, but I hope that I’ll use the time apart to my advantage to lose all my baby weight so he’ll come home to a hottie, but  we’ll see!

But, tomorrow is going to be a good day, and I’m about to go to bed early (for me) and tomorrow, I’ll have a green smoothie in the morning with my kids, and then we’ll make some delicious juice after naps- the boys now want cucumbers, apples, and carrots in theirs, just like me- and I’ll make myself a huge salad for dinner. So this baby in my belly will be a happy camper tomorrow.  And I’ll feel much better physically and emotionally, I’m sure.

It just gets lonely, is all- until I go lay down and all I can think is how I’m not alone with this little gymnast bouncing and kicking inside me, I fall asleep happy. So I have much to be thankful for.

olliekissing

I love this picture from Thanksgiving of my two year old giving baby loves…. My belly has doubled in size since then!

3 comments:

  1. Alaina, I think you're too hard on yourself! I'm usually a pretty healthy eater/cook, but yesterday I baked a digiorno pizza for lunch without a trace of guilt. Sometimes we just need convenient comfort food! It isn't like we eat that way every day! Hang in there, Mama, and cut yourself some slack. I can't imagine how hard it must be without Roland there this late in your pregnancy. I know women do it all the time, but that does NOT make it any easier. I hope you have a support network of friends where you live. It might not go amiss if you talk to a group of ladies in your neighborhood and say "hey, let's trade kid-free grocery trips. I'll watch your kids when you go if you watch mine when I go." It's worth a shot! That being said, YES, JOIN A CSA!!! I can't tell you how much you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to watch your boys while you go grocery shopping. I know it's kind of far, but let me know. Joe is gone for a few months, so I feel your pain! Haha. Let me know if you want to get out and I can take your kids. My boys would love to play with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture. I just had my 4th so I understand the craziness. I've declared before that I'm never going to the grocery store with my kids again...and then I have to go again, ha. Wish we lived closer; we could be overwhelmed mothers who eat too much together. :)

    ReplyDelete