So, I haven’t been juicing for the past few weeks, because a little part on the juicer broke off and was stuck up inside another part, and with the Holidays and traveling and just all around craziness, I never sat down to look at the thing to see if I could fix it. But tonight, I finally looked at it, and determined that it just needed a little glue! Unfortunately, all I had was hot glue, but it worked! So after dinner (which didn’t turn out as good as I was hoping) I still felt like we needed a little bit more nourishment- so out came the juicer!
I also had just made a batch of muffins, which I found a good recipe for some pear apple muffins- and I just veganized it very easily, and next time, I plan to make it even more healthful. I just really needed to use up those overly ripened pears.
So along with the muffins, the little boys gulped down their freshly juiced apples, and I added carrots and pears to mine and my husband’s glass. I also like adding cucumbers, spinach and lemons, but husband hates that, so I kept it simple : )….
The kids ate theirs, and then went insane running all over the house, but they wore themselves out for bedtime, so it was a good energy rush, and not a sugar crash from it, so I’ll take it!
Anyway, I plan to finish out the last 9 + weeks of this pregnancy with as much juicing and whole foods as I can accomplish, and try to make up for the first two trimesters of horrible-ness! I keep measuring 3 weeks ahead of where I’m “supposed” to measure, but my midwife isn’t worried, and I highly doubt I’ll go earlier than my due date. I actually don’t even care about my due date- I’m usually a few days to a week after it, anyway. I could be measuring bigger because I {used to be} kind of slender, or I could have extra fluid, or the position of the baby, or he could just be a big guy! Which, I’m hoping he will be, I’ve never had a chubby baby! My two so far were completely different- the first, and 8 lb, but not chubby at all, and then a little tiny 6 lb skinny guy. So we’ll see what we get. Maybe he’ll plump up from the whole foods I plan on consuming! I’ve got to detox from my holiday food!
Sorry for the rambling! I’m going to take some pictures of my juices and smoothies so I can document what I’m eating! Also, good news for me- I’ve been clean from Coca Cola for over 3 weeks, and actually stopped even craving it after the first few days! I have had a glass or two of like a really good Root Beer when I’ve been at a couple of restaurants, but I’m picky about even Root Beer, and hate pretty much all other sodas, so it hasn’t been a real issue. I’m so thankful it wasn’t hard. I wish I had never been drinking it in the first place, but I’m glad to be done with it, now. Just thought I’d share!
No comments:
Post a Comment