Friday, March 5, 2010

I Wanna be a Green Smoothie Girl!

So my sister introduced me to my next BIG thing: Green Smoothie Girl. I’m sure many of you have heard of Green Smoothies, Green Monsters, etc. But I love this site. There is so much information and the lady behind it all, Robyn Openshaw, is my new inspiration. She doesn’t say that she is “vegan” but she is living a whole foods diet.  If you are interested, seriously check this out.  Be sure and read a lot of greensmoothiegirl followers’ testimonials. They are really great accounts from people about how it helped them!

In one sitting, you can get all the servings of veggies that you need in a day, and it tastes FANTASTIC! Everything else you eat is even more of a bonus! She grows her own greens for the most part, and composts, and all kinds of fun stuff that I can’t wait to get started on when we move in a few months. It’s hard for me to picture, since we move all the time. I don’t want to invest hours and hours of work and getting things situated just to move again next year (we are an active duty Army family). But I do want to grow my own food as much as possible…

My Husband, 2 year old, and I just had our first official green smoothie. I forgot to add some flax oil and other great “extras” because I was in a hurry and very excited! But it was really great. I am letting that be my lunch for today. It actually is rather filling!

012008031014017 

P.S.

This was a voluntary promotion for GreenSmootheGirl.Com. I just love it and want to share it with everyone! My sister and I are ordering the 12 Step Program together… I would recommend that, it is very pricey. And of course, now I want NEED a Blentec!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your smoothie post!
    I am starting a more raw diet tomorrow and this reminded me of breakfast smoothies!!!
    Yay you!!!

    ReplyDelete