Sunday, February 28, 2010

Recipe for A yummy Vegan Pizza

 

035

1 Cook

+

029

2 cute helpers

+

022

+

021

some toppings

=

040  

Yummy Vegan Pizza!

 

This was my first time using a “vegan” cheese. This particular cheese I found at Whole Foods yesterday… I felt like it was really expensive, I believe it was about $5 for that roll of cheese. But I used half of it and got 2 pizzas worth out of it. And considering I used to spend about $30 on cheese during my big grocery trips once or more a month, I think I can splurge sometimes to get my pizza fix!  I even added Whole Wheat Flour, which I don’t normally do, but it was really doughy and I had to bake it a little longer than normal.

Oh, and the cheese worked great. No, it wasn’t exactly like the Mozzarella I used to eat fresh in those little yummy balls… But it actually even smelled a little like cheese (kind of stinky) so I took that as a good sign!

Also, I decided to make Sundays my dessert day. I was trying to avoid sugary treats completely, but I just don’t have it in me to do that right now.  I do want to cut back considerably, though. So I decided that Sundays would be my one day to make something really satisfying and delish, and not stress about it. I am discovering I have more self control since I went vegan, but I still love me some desserts. And Sundays are our really slow, relaxing days where we go to church, take long naps, and spend time together at home, so what better way to celebrate our favorite day than make a treat? So tonight, I made my MIL’s recipe for Swedish Almond Cake. I just used Ener-G egg replacer and Earth Balance butter, and it turned out great. It’s really light, and we just had some fresh fruit on the side.  Next Sunday, I will attempt to Vegan-ize my Mom’s famous Cinnamon Rolls. I can’t wait to try it. I think it will be pretty easy to make it vegan… I hope I can last  a whole week!

No comments:

Post a Comment