So this post will be quick, because it’s late. I’m so tired!
I actually made 4 different smoothies today, I was sharing with 3 other people a few times, and my blender is small! But I had fun. I remade the pink and green smoothie with celery and bananas, and used strawberries instead of raspberries. I liked it best with raspberries, though!
I also had another huge salad for lunch with strawberries and the strawberry dressing I talked about yesterday. It was still rocking my world 2 days leftover! Seriously, go make it, you won’t regret it!
For dinner, I caved, though and ate the falafels that I made for my family. They smelled so good, I couldn’t resist. I don’t know if I’ll ever get disciplined enough to get the full affects of this cleanse, but I like to think that by eating 2 meals a day and my snacks raw and green, I’m improving my diet and food by leaps and bounds. And I don’t want to rationalize, but even four days in, I’m realizing that this is changing the way I think about food. Today was the first day that for snack time, I wanted to try another smoothie. And it really does fill you up, and the ones I have been making are so stinking good, it tastes like a Jamba Juice, but better!
So go try a smoothie- and don’t be afraid to add some greens!
OK, here is the one pic I took, I just couldn’t put up a naked blog:
Before I put my dressing on… Baby Spinach, red onion, avocado and sliced strawberries. Very summery tasting, I loved it! I also added some sunflower seeds…
I guess I never noticed you are an army wife until this visit..My husband was stationed in Saudi, during The Gulf War. What a small world! Chris was a helicopter mechanic and tank engineer. When he got out he was a teacher for The National Guard, teaching soldiers how to repair tanks in the field.
ReplyDeleteI love your salad btw, I made one last year very similar, I might have to make it again!
Hugs,
Viv~