*For the next 18 days, I will be sharing my experience from participating in a 21 Day Green Smoothie Detox. You can find more information HERE. *
I said yesterday that I would be making a lentil loaf for dinner for my fam. Well, that didn’t happen. I got side tracked baking bread and didn’t give myself enough time. So they got this:
(sorry, I have horrible lighting in my kitchen at night)
Pasta with sautéed veggies, strawberry salad with homemade dressing (I’ll post the recipe for the dressing, because trust me- YOU WANT THIS!), Baked Sweet Potato, and they got homemade breadsticks. I was trying to stick with the salad they recommended, and they also had a blended soup, but I just was tired of drinking at that point, so I ate the salad, potato, and tiny bit of pasta/veggies.
Yesterday, I didn’t have as many cravings, and I felt better. I woke up this morning tired because I stayed up to late, but still excited for the day, and ready for my smoothie. I really am glad I’m doing this.
Here is what my smoothie looked like this morning:
THE FROTHY GREEN BANANA:
It consisted of bananas, 1 apple, celery. I added some spinach and kale, because I’m addicted. I want to get the most greens as I can into every smoothie. I think the morning smoothies they tried to have be the more fruity ones, but I still like em’ green!
I’m excited about lunch- It’s a wrap of a lettuce leaf filled with yummy raw veggies and a “avocado mayonnaise” sauce that sounds amazing!
Here is a picture:
And here is the report:
I hated it… I think this must be because I’m on Day 3 and still getting used to raw foods- but it felt like I was just eating air…But not in a good way. I was also in a hurry trying to get us all fed lunch and clean up and get out the door to go see this:
{My husband jump out of an airplane}…
So since I was in a hurry, and I had to make the kids their food, as well, and I didn’t want to come home to the mess I made, I was stressed out, and it didn’t satisfy my hunger in the least. I guess I could have made another smoothie if I had the time, and wasn’t tired of drinking my food, but I didn’t have time, and I didn’t feel like drinking it! I think I might need an attitude adjustment. Or maybe my negative toxins are coming out?
I do have to say, though, that the food is pretty. I love seeing all the colors, and am now noticing that most of my unhealthy favorite foods are color-less. I am liking all the color…
So tomorrow- I hope I will lose my sassiness, and be excited to try all my pretty food. Because my fridge is full of raw food that needs to be consumed, or I wasted a lot of money! I think I might go ahead and make a few different things for each meal so I can figure out what I like, and also use up some food before it goes bad. That might be more fun. But on the flip side- I’m realizing that I am in the kitchen more than ever, and I’m kind of tired of it. But I realize that once I get the hang of preparing food this way, it will probably take me less time to make then I am spending now.
Here are some recipes that I would like to share:
Strawberry Dressing:
1/3 Cup Strawberries
2 Tbsp. Almond Butter
Blend together- this makes one serving, but I didn’t measure and threw a lot in of both ingredients so that we could all have some. It felt like I was eating strawberry fluffy candy, it was SOOOO GOOD!!! Put it on your spinach and strawberry salad and add your other favorite things and enjoy!
Avocado Mayonnaise:
1 Tomato
1/2 Lemon (juice)
1 Handful Fresh Basil Leaves
1 Small Avocado
1-2 Tbsp. Kelp Powder (optional)
Blend all ingredients together to put over your veggie roll up, or pretty much anything you want. I didn’t have fresh Basil leaves or Kelp powder, and I think I put too much lemon juice it, so just taste as you go. I might retry this recipe and add more crunchy, filling things to my veggie roll. Enjoy!
Alaina,
ReplyDeleteI wish I had signed up to do this with you guys. You say you're getting tired of all the kitchen time. Can you stay up for 30 minutes to an hour after the boys go to bed and prep for the next day? I know that's no fun but when I do take the time to do that I know my morning and next day go a lot better. That strawberry dressing sounds good. I will have to try that. Maybe tonight even, as we are going to dinner at a friends house and I am assigned to bring a salad. Hmmmm...
you won't regret the dressing...it was the best thing ever! Yes, I should do prep work...but that would mean I have to clean out my fridge- yikes! :) I might give it a try- and it wouldn't even take an hour, maybe 30 minutes...then I wouldn't be stressing out while they are screaming for food and I am chopping away! Thanks! Love ya
ReplyDelete