Sunday, January 2, 2011

Detox

I am super excited about my newest adventure I am starting tomorrow- a 21  day Green Smoothie Detox!

Tomorrow is my day 1, and the first week is a week to prep my body for the detox... You can find the information here.

But don't be frightened- I won't be doing a juice fast cleanse, or a water with lemon juice and grade b maple syrup cleanse (yuck)... I will start out the first week with smoothies for breakfast, raw vegetable soups for lunch, and raw veggie meals for dinner. I was skeptical about it first, but when I read the recipes, I got excited, because they sounded so good and appealing to me after coming out of my holiday binge. And it actually did seem like I'd be eating a lot more food in one sitting, of whole, raw foods that keep you full- I can't wait!

(The weird thing about this is that someone signed up for this program and paid for it, and gave it to me for free, but I still don't know who did! But it is such a good secret Santa gift, and I am grateful.)

I haven't read past the first week of recipes, because I know it will become more cleansing and probably be a lot more smoothies and raw soups, and I don't want to scare myself. I plan on taking it one day at a time, and I will start posting pictures of the food I'll be consuming...

I just wanted to share that when I stocked up on the first week's worth of food at the store yesterday, I first shopped for my list that I made for the meals I'll make for my kids and husband. Then I shopped mine. Practically 100% was found in the produce section. I've never bought so much produce at once in my life and already knew what I was going to make with it! My cart was super full, over flowing! I was getting some sideways glances, but I am really so pumped that I didn't care :)

I will admit that I went ahead and did something they said not to do: I drank one last drink of my Canada Dry Cranberry Ginger Ale, and the last half of my frozen candy bar. I had to do something rebellious, and I'm hoping that when the 21 days are over, I will be less of a slave to my sugar cravings, and have lost a few pounds! Wish me luck, and stay tuned for pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment