So as anyone can tell, I stopped blogging last week about my green smoothie detox diet. Well, let me just say that I did like it, but it just wasn’t in the stars for me to finish it right now!
{my 3 year old, turning the blender on to mix our smoothie}
I continued on until day 6, but I was starting to lose my resolve. We ate out for dinner, and I was exhausted making two different things to eat at every meal. Next time I will plan better and do more prep work.
So when the weekend came, and my friend was having a major crisis, and needed girlfriends to sit with and cry with and laugh with, you can bet I was eating some chocolate and all the treats right along with them! I needed it, too. And it also didn’t help that I started my period that same day! I was disappointed that it was a painful one after doing the prep week that entire week before- I thought it would be an easier one from all the whole foods and green smoothies… I will plan around it next time!
{can’t remember if I showed this picture yet or not- a smoothie I made for my friend/ neighbor…Raspberries, celery, and bananas- my favorite so far!}
I decided - that’s just life. I love learning new things and trying new ways to change up my diet and health, and I learned so much about how I eat and view food, and how unhealthy my relationship with food had become- all just from the prep week of the detox… The other thing that threw me was when I found out that I wasn’t 7 days into the 21 day detox. The prep week was completely separate. The 21 days started after the prep week. That was a huge mental blow to me. Next time I will be prepared!
I think that what I will take away from this is that I really need to incorporate more green smoothies/blended soups and a whole lot more whole foods, and raw as often as I can stand it! I did miss cooked food at dinner time, but during the day, a smoothie for breakfast and salad for lunch really worked well for me and my hunger level. I am thinking that this summer, when it’s really hot and I am less hungry, I will attempt the cleanse again.
I don’t think I am afraid of change. I actually LOVE change. I get bored pretty fast. But I do need routines. I crave routines. So if I can figure out a way to mix the two of those ideas next time, I think I will be successful… But I heard my sister lost 6 lbs. so far, way to go, Sis!
I wasn’t so much doing this for weight loss, although I have gained about 10 lbs. this past year that I wouldn’t mind to see go away, but I hope that with eating more of the whole foods and raw/smoothies in addition to starting my work out routine this coming week, it will take care of itself. I am starting on establishing my exercise regimen starting Monday- and it involves getting up REALLY early, so that I can go to the gym with out my kids before my husband goes to work… I really am motivated to get started, but I am NOT a morning person…I am going to have to force myself at first, until it is routine. It’ll be rough, I can already tell, but I’m ready.
For right now, I just need a nap. And probably need to take my baby to the doctor- or try a smoothie recipe I saw on another blog to help clean out your sinuses. Poor guy can’t breathe because he is so stopped up, and he slept with us last night…But I couldn’t sleep with him in the bed. He kept squirming off the pillow I had him propped up on, and my husband is a heavy sleeper, so I was afraid he was going to roll over onto him.. It was a long night! I’m hoping for a nap today!
I wondered where the cool reports went. That's pretty lame that it's 7 day prep and then the real thing. I'd be disheartened too. I don't blame you. I'd probably taper off too. If anything you can use the recipes and incorporate them into your menu. I did like reading daily updates from you, so, maybe you could keep something coming! Call me this weekend, or I'll call you. We haven't talked for a while.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Cherie