Yesterday I made a big batch of Split Pea soup. I will be the first to admit that it didn’t look very appealing. But I knew it would taste yummy. My two year old, however, wasn’t very excited when I placed his bib around his little neck and realized that he was going to be served “gee hoo”. Green soup, for those of you who don’t speak 2 year old gibberish… So he threw a tantrum, and I removed him from the table and room. He returned to witness all of us, even the baby, enjoying our Gee Hoo. So he gave it a try. He ate a few bites, and said, “mmm, Mama,” but he didn’t want very much.
By the time dinner came around, he was super hungry, and since I already cooked earlier, I didn’t feel like making another meal. So we gave the soup a try. He ate 2 helpings! He actually asked me for more gee hoo!! He usually is a good little eater, so I give him hearty portions in the first place, and he doesn’t often ask me for more. So I happily obliged. I love my little vegan boy!
I love your blog so much! I wish when I became a vegan they had blogs! I seriously just dated myself right there! Oh well, I am vivacious vegan and you are more than welcome to come over to my blog and check out my recipes...They are easy, kid friendly and they actually taste good. I hope we will become wonderful friends!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment, Vivacious Vegan! I love making new blogger friends! Good to hear of another Midwesterner! We're about to move East, and I think my vegan ways will be a bit easier out there!
ReplyDelete