Tonight I made a recipe I got from my only vegan friend in real life other than my sisters! I made a couple of changes, but it is a pretty simple idea.
Sliced Tofu dipped in a flour concoction, fried in a pan with Safflower oil. It was so yummy dipped in the sauce that consisted of orange juice and maple syrup. I went ahead and coated my tofu in a Soyaki sauce (from Trader Joe’s that I mentioned in a previous post) before I dipped them in my flour mixture. I thought it would give it extra flavor and a little extra wetness for the flour to stick to.
I told my two year old they were“tofu nuggets” but he was still a little unsure. I tricked him into tasting it, and he then ate three bites, and was done with it. But he ate all of his rice and a few bites of steamed veggies, so I figure it’s a good start for him!
Here is what all of our plates looked like tonight. Far left, the baby’s sweet potatoes and peas. My plate is in the middle, with my two year olds plate to the right. I just thought it was a pretty and colorful meal!
No comments:
Post a Comment